New Licence Key for change of computer
Your licence key might be encoded to only work on one computer, so you may find that you need a new licence key if you change your computer.
We suggest that you try your existing licence name and licence key first, and if you receive the message "The Licence Key entered is Not Correct" please see the following instructions:
- Exit Payroll Pro then start Payroll Pro again.
- When you run the payroll it will tell you that you are still under a trial licence and the option to print or email an order form will be given.
- Please print the order form and fax to us on 07-8686973, or email it to us (you can find our email address here).
- This contains codes that will allow us to set up a new licence key for the new computer.
- You can ignore the full price on the form if you are a licenced Payroll Pro user.
Message - The Licence Name is Not Correct.
If you receive this message and Payroll Pro exits without giving you the option to enter a new licence key, delete the PAYLIC.DAT file which is found in the Payroll Pro folder and try running Payroll Pro again.
To delete the file PAYLIC.DAT:
- Go to "My Computer" (or just "Computer" in some Windows versions)
- Locate the drive your payroll is installed on. This is usually drive C: and may show as "Local Disk C:".
- Double Click to open it and then locate the Payroll Pro folder. This is usually one of the following:
If you cannot see this, then go to "Program Files" and look for the folder name there.
If you still cannot locate the folder, right click the shortcut on your desktop and select "Properties". The "Start In" folder will show the name of the folder
- Once you have located the folder name, double click it to open it.
- Now locate the file PAYLIC.DAT and delete just this file.