Payroll Slow to Respond or Locking Up
Although this is a very rare occurrence, in 100% of the times where Payroll Pro has locked up or been slow to respond (eg click a button and wait an unusually long time for anything to happen), the cause has been something outside the control of Payroll Pro.
Causes to date have included:
- Another program running in the background which is using a large amount of resources (eg memory). This can include a virus checker running a scan.
- Another program which was running which has left the system unstable.
- A corrupted printer driver (if problems occur during printing)
- A hardware fault.
Here are some ideas which may help to identify the cause:
- Close all programs, and restart your computer, and run Payroll Pro before running any other programs. If this solves the problem
then you know that some other program which has been used before Payroll Pro is the cause of the problem.
- Ensure no virus scans are running while you are using Payroll Pro.
- Ensure your printer drivers are up to date (if problems occur during printing).
- Ensure your hard drive is not full.
- Ensure all hardware is working correctly.